November 18, 2013

Into Your Hands I Commend My Spirit: the Prayer of Blessed Charles de Foucauld

My Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.

This is the last prayer of our master, of our Beloved.  May it be also ours: at our last moment and in every moment:

My Father, I place myself in your hands.
My Father, I entrust myself to you.
My Father, I abandon myself to you.
My Father, do with me what you please.

Whatever you make of me, I thank you.
Thank you for everything.
I am ready for all.
I accept all.
I am grateful for all.

Your will be done in me, my God.
Your will be done in
    all your creatures,
    all your children,
    all those whom your Heart loves.
I do not desire anything else, my God.

I place my soul in your hands.
I give it to you, my God, with all the love of my heart, because
I love You and need to give myself to you out of love.
I place myself in your hands without limits.
I place my self in your hands with infinite confidence, because
You are my Father.
Amen.

Blessed Charles de Foucauld

No comments:

Post a Comment